Join singer, teacher and sound guide Davin Youngs for this playful and joy-filled workshop in improvised singing and spontaneous song.
Drawing on traditions of improvisation and circle singing championed by artists such as Bobby McFerrin and Rhiannon, you will be quickly and effortlessly led into a free and authentic singing experience that emphasizes the beauty and power of your voice as it connects you to the collective.
During this workshop you will learn to:
* Playfully use improvised singing to move beyond inhibition and fear within your voice.
* Explore singing without lyrics and develop your personal language.
* Embody your voice as an instrument to carry both rhythm and melody.
* Listen deeply to your unique sound as it relates to others.
* Lead singing circles quickly and joyfully, drawing groups into singing together in spontaneous song.
**This workshop is appropriate for anyone who loves to sing, but is especially meant to target those who have limited experience in improvisational singing.
***Limited to 20 participants
Whether you are a beginner singer or an experienced musician, you will walk away from this workshop with a new song in your heart and a smile on your face.
This workshop is sponsored by the Chicago Circle Singing community and limited to the first 20 participants.
If the price of this workshop prevents you from attending, a limited number of reduced price tickets will be available upon special request. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org